A few days without blogging and it’s left me feeling like I have a good friend I need to catch up with. Knowing that some of my close friends read this that is actually true, and whenever someone tells me they like to stop by and read it gives me another person to think of when I’m writing. So friends, I’m sorry I’ve been gone and let me give you a little recap of the past three days that have felt equal to a whole week.
This year I assumed a role so prestigious I knew I had “made it.” I was promoted to the party planning committee. Being an assistant coach I had daily involvement with the team and athletic department, which made me a perfect choice to be a part of the select group of three that put on the end of the year banquet. This involved regular meetings leading up to the day, detailed execution of any creative ideas and the good ol’ fashioned hard work of set up + tear down. Both Thursday and Friday were so packed with prep work for Friday evening’s event I pretty much devoted myself to the banquet and nothing else. Couple that with the need to get up early and watch the royal wedding and yesterday was a long day.
So yes to answer your question I did buy the Will + Kate boxed dvd extended edition wedding day extravaganza set. Okay no that’s not true but starting at 6 I watched two hours of royal wedding while eating breakfast and drinking coffee. Here are my thoughts on the day in an easy bulleted format:
- Westminster Abbey is amazing, loved the trees inside, and I would probably tune in to any wedding that happened there to see the architecture
- tradition is tradition and when it’s done right it can be beautiful
- favorite part of Kate’s dress: the ruffled where the train attached in the back / gorgeous lace
- how does Kate’s hair look so good all of the time?
- now that I think about it, I would like to wear a fancy hat
I think that about sums it up.