ABOUT mary

film + digital photographer, grounded by life with three littles, traveling often and on this adventure with the love of my life.

wedding

portrait

engaged

personal

Browse by Category

Portfolio

contact us

order

wedding

Matt + Nita’s wedding

I’m so excited to finally post Matt + Nita’s wedding. I really looked forward to the day, especially because I really got to know Nita and Matt from the time they first contacted me until the wedding. They are wonderful people and I am honored to have spent their wedding day with them. Nita’s creativity was evident in all of the planning for the wedding, and her (and everyone who helped her) hard work paid off. She really thought of everything, and I’m pretty sure organized is her middle name which meant that the day ran smoothly and was so fun to be a part of!

The wedding colors were pink + green, and that was incorporated into all of the details. I love her unique dot decorated cake and the paper pennant garland she hung with the lighted background was the perfect centerpiece for the dance floor.

Oh, the burden of being a ring bearer or flower girl. I promise these kids had fun… except maybe when they had to walk down the aisle.

As a creative exit from the church, Matt + Nita had green and pink paper planes passed out for everyone to throw. It worked perfectly!

During the reception, we headed outside to do some interesting night shots. We had some fun, and it was the perfect creative end to the wedding. Thanks so much Matt + Nita for letting me document everything, and if you know Matt + Nita and would like to see the full gallery of photos (you must know their last name for the password) go here and enjoy! You can also help them earn a large print from their wedding by leaving your comment below. {20 comments will earn them an 11×14, 40 comments will earn them a 16×24}

January 27, 2010

1. meg

January 27th, 2010 at 2:57 pm

what a unique light setting with the tree–makes for some amazing photos that you don’t see from the average wedding. also, creative to have “dancing shoes”…those would have saved me a few blackened feet from the dance floor at times! alright, one down. 19 to go! get that large print, i’d want it if these were my pictures! :)

2. Monica Gibbel

January 27th, 2010 at 3:01 pm

The first picture of them under the lighted tree is absolutely amazing! :) Great job!

3. Melissa

January 27th, 2010 at 4:14 pm

I love them all, how are you going to pick Nita? ;)

4. Mom

January 27th, 2010 at 5:29 pm

What a cool cake! And paper airplanes…who thought of that…its a blast. Wow, Nita is organized and I’m sure it paid off.

5. Melissa C

January 27th, 2010 at 7:59 pm

They all came out so beautiful!

6. Sarah

January 27th, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Wow! Love the dancing shoe idea… and as always your pictures are stunning Mary! Makes me want to have my wedding photos redone!

7. sarbob

January 27th, 2010 at 9:14 pm

I hope you earn that large print!! I love the picture of the bride & groom dancing where you see them in such a beautiful light. and i love the outdoor pictures! So cool and ARTSY..to use a word recently used on your blog, Mary!

8. elicia

January 27th, 2010 at 10:32 pm

goodness i think they need a large print of one of these beautiful photos!

9. Elizabeth

January 28th, 2010 at 5:34 am

I am obsessed with the first picture of them! The lighted tree in the back groud is amazing. All the pictures are beautiful! And Nita is definitely the most organized person I know.

10. Lindsey Campana

January 28th, 2010 at 8:41 am

Count on Nita to have excellent photographic footage of her wedding! These images are beautiful, dynamic, and artsy. Thumbs up! Nita, you are a glowing bride. Bridal modeling in your future?

11. Joy Cunningham

January 28th, 2010 at 8:57 am

Stunning. There’s a lovely feel to all of these pics. I especially like the one of Matt looking over at Nita whilst they’re kneeling at the alter, as well as the very top photo of them under the tree and the one of them dancing, with Nita’s back to the camera. Beautiful, intimate shots. Congratulations guys.

12. Joy Cunningham

January 28th, 2010 at 9:12 am

Oh, and I love all the ones outside!! Love the colour and love your coat Nita!! ;)

13. julie

January 28th, 2010 at 10:35 am

these look great! thank you for not posting any embarrassing dance floor pictures! :)

14. Melinda

January 28th, 2010 at 12:00 pm

The pink and green looks amazing!! And the night shots… Wow! :) Soooooooooo beautiful.

15. ray

January 28th, 2010 at 12:30 pm

wow these are awesome pictures! i like the one of matt and steve!

16. Wendy

January 28th, 2010 at 12:34 pm

These photos are absolutely beautiful and a lasting tribute to a wonderful wedding.

17. Sarah Knight

January 28th, 2010 at 1:17 pm

These are lovely & creative- the night ones are so cool! I really like your details collage and the night ones with the light are beautiful! Good job Mary!

18. Gina Leggett

January 28th, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful couple! The outdoor pictures are my favorite. :)

19. Molly

January 29th, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Fabulous as always Mary! I love the rings, and I think those are the pictures I’m most excited to see from ours lol!

20. Carin

January 29th, 2010 at 7:08 pm

lovely photos!

21. Tracee P

January 31st, 2010 at 10:47 am

Mary these pictures are FANTASTIC, you are so talented. I’m sure it didn’t hurt that these particular subjects are so good looking! I have to break up my “cart” into two or three, I have way too many favorites. Thanks for capturing all these moments!!

22. Jessica Stack

January 31st, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Love these pics! The night shots are brilliant, and I especially love it becaus Nita was one of my best high school friends, and I love seeing her so happy. Beautiful, Mary!

23. Christine

February 1st, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Your pictures are gorgeous! The whole day was so much fun. :)

24. Ally

February 2nd, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Gorgeous photos – thanks for sharing!

25. Kennedi & Thai

February 4th, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Thank you for inviting Thai and I we really appriciated. We really enjoyed everything. My favorite picture was the black and white of you and Matt kissing in front of lighted tree. We love you both!!! Great job Mary!!!

26. Megan

February 8th, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Absolutely amazing! Love them all!!

27. Karl

February 8th, 2010 at 1:14 pm

The lighted tree is one of my favorite things but I also liked the cake. Oh- and the “dancin’ shoes!”

28. Julie

February 8th, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Wow! Beautiful pictures!!! I love the dancing one and the lighted tree. These will be wonderful keepsakes of a fabulous day.

29. Marilee Buffum

February 8th, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Just beautiful Nita! Stunning and elegant!

30. donna

February 8th, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Nita – So pretty! You did an amazing job bringing your colors all through the wedding in a FUN way! Looks like a great day!

31. Debby

February 9th, 2010 at 8:32 am

Wow! That’s all I can say! The photos are absolutly awesome!

32. jean place

February 9th, 2010 at 12:44 pm

These wedding photos are absolutely amazing! Best Wishes and Good luck to Nita and Matt!

33. Heather Boyum

February 9th, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Your pictures are AMAZING!! Absolutely beautiful!

34. Andrew

February 9th, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Yah! Great photos Nita!

35. Steve Johnson

February 9th, 2010 at 2:02 pm

BRAVO!!!! You could say that capturing the mood and feeling can make or break a picture (or at least im making that up for this particular instance lol) Well, there’s no doubt that these wedding photos captured the beauty of love that was present on that day. The romantic integrity of the black and white still shots; to the warmth and blissful glee spilling throught the color prints. Wedding and marital bliss at its’ finest. Thank you Mary Dougherty Photography for immortalizing the happiness of that day.~~Love you Matt&Nita Eldred!!!!!!

36. Brittan Springs

February 9th, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Hey these pictures look amazing… I’m lucky there aren’t any of me on the dance floor

37. Justin Wrobel

February 17th, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Nice Pictures! The outside photos came out beautiful with the autumn colors.