ABOUT mary

film + digital photographer, grounded by life with three littles, traveling often and on this adventure with the love of my life.

wedding

portrait

engaged

personal

Browse by Category

Portfolio

contact us

order

personal

home video: ski + snowshoe day

We got another snowstorm here in Virginia, and today we went outside to take advantage of it. We broke out the skis and snowshoes (which we didn’t think would get any use after moving from New York) and went around the nearby athletic fields with the dog. Lexi absolutely loves getting out in the snow, and since she’s so low to the ground she can be hilarious to watch. I got a flip for Christmas and love having a handy little camera for home videos and I brought it out with me today. I went all professional and used imovie to piece the clips together and add music… okay actually it is totally random and the definition of home movie (complete with a shaky camera and not enough clips for a whole song) but I thought you’d all enjoy it anyway, so here you go!

January 31, 2010

1. Molly

January 31st, 2010 at 6:56 pm

omg Lexi is hysterical! if you had gotten another inch of snow she’d just disappear lol

2. Mom

January 31st, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Just like being there. We have gray, gray, gray. I really don’t miss the snow but it is more beautiful and fun. Love you guys and glad Lexi can get out too.

3. meg

January 31st, 2010 at 8:40 pm

wow! you guys look so hardcore–with the sweet hats and cool sunglasses :) i need to update my gear selection in those departments. cool video. and nice jacket mair! :) thanks for sharing and i will try calling you tomorrow.

4. elicia

January 31st, 2010 at 8:56 pm

haha great video.

5. MarClair

January 31st, 2010 at 10:43 pm

WOW! Virginia has SO much snow. Nice way to transition from Western NY, eh? That looked like so much fun. And Lexi never ceases to amaze me. She’s unstoppable.

6. Suzanne

February 4th, 2010 at 12:54 pm

I love the video! Your dog is so cute!!

7. Mary Dougherty

February 8th, 2010 at 11:13 am

she loves the snow! it’s so crazy you would never think it – but as they say, don’t judge a book by it’s cover – or in this case a dog by it’s size :)